Granby Building230 2nd St SE · Cedar Rapids
The Granby Building, located at 230 Second Street SE in downtown Cedar Rapids, is a historic building that has been beautifully restored to modern glory. Originally built in 1910 as the Granby Hotel, the building served as a prominent landmark in the city for many years before being converted into a commercial property.
Today, the Granby Building retains much of its historic character and charm, with stunning architectural features including a grand entrance and a distinctive facade. The building’s interior has also been thoughtfully restored, with some of its original details maintained, providing a unique and inspiring backdrop for businesses that want to establish a presence in a building with a rich history.
As a historic property, the Granby Building offers businesses the opportunity to be a part of downtown Cedar Rapids’ unique and vibrant history, while still enjoying all the modern amenities and conveniences that a newly renovated commercial property has to offer. With its prime location on the skywalk system, state-of-the-art amenities, and historic charm, the Granby Building is the perfect choice for businesses that want to combine the best of the past and present in their commercial space.
Features & Amenities
- Recently remodeled commercial property with modern interior
- Prime location on the skywalk system in the heart of downtown Cedar Rapids
- High-speed internet connectivity for seamless business operations
- Flexible floor plan that can accommodate a variety of business needs
- Well-educated workforce from local colleges and universities including Coe College and Kirkwood Community College.
- Easy access to Interstate 380, just a few blocks away
- Cultural institutions include Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, Paramount Theatre, and African American Museum of Iowa.
- Outdoor spaces like Greene Square, Cedar Lake, and Cedar River Trail offer opportunities for recreation.
- Shopping and dining options include locally owned boutiques, galleries, restaurants, and national chains.
- Close proximity to several banks, including Wells Fargo, Bank of America, and US Bank.
- The Armstrong Eatery with Gringos, Keto Kitchen, and Coffee Republic inside the building.